Who has never imagined itself living on a wood cabin in the woods? They are magical places, and the writers know that. These places are very well-known, but not a lot of people had visited the forests. In any case, we have to be careful and take care of them. In this article, we explained to you a few things about this wonderful spot.
The importance and benefits of the forests:
- They help with the weather adjustment, and they cushion the natural phenomenons.
- Where there is flora, there will be water. This is because of the impact the plants have on the planet. They also collect the water as a reserve.
- They maintain the humidity and coolness of the environment.
- Also, they produce oxygen and absorb CO2, which is the cause of global warming.
- They control the ground erosion because the roots are keeping it together.
- They provide us with a lot of raw materials such as wood, paper, or resin.
- There is an enormous amount of biodiversity on them. They help them to grow up and to complete their life circle.
- Almost half of the known species live in the forests.
Curiosities about the forests:
- The forests provide us with a lot of information for creating effective medicine.
- More than 2000 million persons depend on the woods for living and survive.
- The largest biodiversity is in the forests, with more than 15 millions species.
- They are capable of softening acoustic pollution in a very big way.
- Because of deforestation, they send out more CO2 than they absorb.
- Just 2% of the light arrives at the ground. This is because of the dense top of the trees.
- The actual forests’ surface on the planet is about 31%.
- There have been lost around 80% of the original woods that covered the Earth.
- There are so many forest types.
- The forests and the rain forests (or jungles) are not exactly the same. The main difference is the amount of flora and fauna.
- The rain forests, as their name says, are forests. But not all the woods are jungles.